And here is the FULL post I had written with all 101 photos and all ( you know how I love to post pictures hehe)....
My favourite time of the Fashion year is upon us yet again; FALL!!!!!!!!. Fall is absolutely the most fabulous, most creative time to explore and play up your wardrobes. Its like everything goes plus one. Who said you had to put away your Spring/Summer clothes??? Nope ...Its all about LAYERING.... So anything goes....so some of your spring/summer wardrobe can "fall" right in as well. The shorts, dresses, lace-ups, loafers, wedges etc. Just add them on with some tights, leggings or socks, a chunky knit sweater/ cardigan and or Jacket and your summer wardrobe has officially become Fall Ready. That's why I love the Fall; you have a legitimate excuse to thrown on your whole wardrobe all at once and be weather ready; okay so not your whole wardrobe technically but you get my drift; just throw that maxi dress on with a pair of motorcycle boots, a leather jacket and an oversize scarf and|*poof* you took summer into the fall. In styling "The Simmons Sisters" Vanessa and Angela, I always like to get them to play around with their wardrobe. Its also very interesting in styling the ladies because they have very different styles. Vanessa's style is very chic and classic with a bit of edge and modern feel added on, while Angela's style is very adventurous, edgy, flirty and daring. So its very important to find staple pieces that could work for both ladies despite what their personal style is. Pieces that work with all styles, the only thing making it different is how you own it ; that is depending on how its worn/styled.
There are always those staple pieces that never go out of trend/ style and come around every season. They probably get tweaked some how; colour, embellishments, cut etc but its always still the same pieces just improved on. Those are the pieces year after year you come back to and you wish you maybe bought in multiples because you can't get enough of it. So what are these fall "must have" classic pieces you ask....
1. The Leather Jacket: Leather, leather leather and more leather!!!!! I absolutely can't get enough of leather pieces and the leather Jacket is one of them. I absolutely love buying different styles, fit and cuts; especially the biker/motocycle jacket. This takes any outfit and adds some edge and cool to it . It also goes with just about anything you put together. Angela is very much a Leather Jacket kind of girl, gives her the edge she needs to add on to a feminine, chic outfit.
2. Blazer: The Blazer is another piece that keeps reinventing itself and helps in transitioning an outfit from casual to chic. There is the different cuts of blazers for different body types and also to appease different style; the boyfriend blazer, the fitted cut blazer and tuxedo blazer. So whatever look you are trying to go for, there is sure to be a blazer that you can pick to compliment and complete your fall look.
3. Boyfriend White button down shirt: This is a staple piece in any woman's wardrobe. It's that go- to piece. It helps tie any outfit together and give your outfit a smart look. It goes with just about anything; with some skinny pants, maxi skirt, shorts, and even thrown on top of a sleeveless maxi dress. Depending on the look you are going for, you can wear it tucked- in, tied together, or just un-tucked. Also, the best part is you can definitely pair it together with the already aforementioned ( leather jacket or blazer)..... Do you already see how and why these are definitely must- haves for your fall wardrobe?? well stay with me ; there's more ....
4. Skinny Pants/ Jeans/ leather pants: How can you go wrong with a pair of well fitted skinny pants, whether its in the form of leggings, jeans, jeggings or leather. The best part of pants now is that they all nearly come with some form of stretch in them, so they substantially give a better fit because they will stretch to fit according to your body shape. These you can pair with your fave graphic tees, tunic, jumper/sweaters, sweatshirt. Its just sure to work and also give a clean, flattering look.
5. Chunky Knits: How comfortable is it throwing on an oversized chunky cardigan, its like walking around under your own comforter plus its chic, cool, fashionable and compliments your outfits. Its definitely a win win and a no- brainer. Anything can be worn underneath a sweater/ cardigan, and most importantly you get to stay warm while still being stylish. This is a trend Vanessa is very fond of . She loves the smart, comfort looks it gives. She would either wear an oversized knit sweater with some tights and boots or with some skinny Jeans, button-down tunic with some wedged boots and a chunky knit.
6. Flat boots/booties & Chuck Taylors: Boots are a staple for the fall ; tall boots, knee highs, calf length boots, ankle boots etc. Flat boots are easy to slip on to add that defining factor to your outfit. They go great with dresses, skinnies and sweater dresses. Chuck Taylors always add that easy, laid back feel to an outfit but yet still having a feminine and flattering look to it. Chucks are perfect with a leather jacket and maxi dress or skirt or even with some jeans/ leather pants, button down or sweater and blazer. Its just one of those pieces that go with everything and you can't really go wrong throwing on a pair of Chuck Taylors.
7. Maxi dresses/skirts: who says because its getting cooler, we have to look drabby all the time. Its still okay to whip out those dresses and accessorize them. The maxi dresses and skirts are still the easiest thing to throw on during the fall. This is also another great transitioning piece. A cute maxi dress with some boots, sneakers or heels with a nice leather jacket, blazer or chunky knit or cardigan and your ready to run your town . So definitely no packing those maxi dresses and skirts away.
8. Oversize handbag: Now we all know how it goes when it gets colder outside. We have so many layers we have to carry, gloves, hats, scarves, and whatever else we need to go about our whole day because no one really wants to do the back and forth in the winter time. Here's where our go to everyday oversize hand bag comes in. The kind of bag you can pretty much carry your life in if need be...lol..okay not really but you catch my drift ;-)
9. chunky jewelry: Here's my philosophy on accessories ....Accessories make the outfit! ....shoes, bags, and jewelry , etc, turn an outfit into the feel you are trying to create . It can take an outfit from day to night, casual to chic, casual to dressy. Now the chunky accessories just help add some sophistication and fashion flare to a simple outfit. It gives the outift character and a unique flair.
10. loafers/oxfords: The oxfords and loafers have evolved from a boring old work shoe, into a fashionable, stylish staple piece in putting together an outfit without losing the smart, put together look. I love the comfort aspect of the loafers and oxfords but what I love the most is the smart look it gives an outfit and its perfect for the fall with a pair of skinny cuffed jeans or pants and button down tunic/ shirt. It could also be worn with cute ankle socks to give that school spirit/academia trend. It can of course still be worn with shorts and A-Line skirts paired with some tights.
11. Fur Vests : Sophistication, chic and fun !!! These are the words that the fur Vest look gives me and I just absolutely love!!!! Throw this over your favourite Jacket or sweater for the extra warmth. Fur Vests looks amazing over just about any jacket/coat; leather jacket, denim jacket, trench coat, blazer etc. It also looks great over a dress and it comes in all different styles and lengths. Definitely a must have in the fall closet.